There’s many good reasons for Graz...;
Graz is Austria’s second largest city and sets the stage for successful conferences, international congresses, seminars and incentives.
After the fulminate year 2003 when Graz was the cultural capital of Europe the city has increasingly positioned itself as an excellent location for the most varying of events. There are many good reasons to choose Graz. Every organizer is more than enthusiastic by the beautiful historic center of Graz, the attractive cultural programs, ranging from gastronomic quality and variety to the excellent infrastructure in terms of event locations and event spaces.
- The historic city center of Graz was declared a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO in the year 2000.
- Opera, theatre, festivals – the cultural capital Graz offers attractive framework programs ranging from jazz to classical music.
- Four universities, colleges of higher education, public and private research institutions establish Graz as a city of science and research of worldwide reputation.
- The business area of Graz employs more than 200,000 people, amongst them about 30,000 are working in the automobile cluster. World brands, like Mercedes, MBW, Saab are manufactured in Graz.
- The spectacular House of the Arts (Kunsthaus), the island in the river Mur (Murinsel), the buildings of the universities and many other examples of successful modern architecture have made Graz well worth seeing. Graz is a city full of contrasts.
- Graz has been a city with an international congress center and city of many encounters for over 20 years. A good infrastructure provides for more than 60 event locations for framework programs and evening programs.
- The beautiful outskirts of Graz is most suitable for excursions, tours and all kinds of other activities: the Styrian “Weinstrasse – driving along the vineyards”, the castle region, fruit and thermal regions and the hilly and mountainous landscapes surrounding Graz.
- Objective consulting, comprehensive service and congress funding is offered by the GRAZ CONVENTION BUREAU.
GRAZ – best congress-relevant infrastructure and a charming city with fun-loving, lively and guest-friendly people – ideal for your up-coming event!
Facts / Data:
- approx. 250,000 inhabitants
- approx. 30,000 students
- approx. 127.6 km2 area
For further information see www.graz.at
Category A (4 stars): 1,389 rooms, 2,596 beds, 19 hotels
Category B (3 stars): 1,021 rooms, 1,930 beds, 37 hotels
Others: 593 rooms, 1,144 beds, 15 hotels
Total: 3,003 rooms, 5,670 beds, 71 hotels
For further information see www.graztourismus.at
Important direct flight connections:
- Frankfurt (LH)
- Düsseldorf (OS)
- Munich (LH)
- Stuttgart (Z2)
- Vienna (OS)
- Zurich (Z2)
- London (FR)
For further information see www.flughafen-graz.at
Service Graz Convention Bureau/Graz Tourismus GmbH
- Information and Consulting
- Advertisement material
- Congress and fair calendar
- Solicitation of quotation
- Hotel booking
- Site Inspections
- Congress organisation (PCO)
- Congress funding
GRAZ CONVENTION BUREAU
Graz Tourismus und Stadtmarketing GmbH